Sunday, June 21, 2009

Birthday Girl



Yesterday was Miss K's Birthday Party. This year Mummy and Daddy decided to have it in Cheeky Chimps, an indoor play park with slides and ball pits. A brilliant idea for the kids, but if you EVER have call to go to one, take your ear plugs!
And whatever else you do, do not encourage 14 children to throw the plastic balls at you lol

I am still trying to find a way of storing clear stamps that actually works for me, I have put them onto card and stored them in a file folder, but as the folder is not within reach, they have to be kept on the bookshelf, I find I really only use the ones that I have out.
So then I started using a photo file that was given to me. Great I thought, this will be a lot easier as it is a lot more portable, but still I was using the ones that were closer to hand, maybe the file was too tidy, out of sight, out of mind.
So at the moment, I am using a large square basket that they fit in loose and it is able to be stored where I can just reach out and flick through it. Not the most tidy of answers to the great clear stamp storage problem, but for now, until I think of anything else, it is sort of working for me.
How do you store your clear stamps?

3 comments:

misteejay said...

Have you tried plastic CD cases? I have a wire CD basket for my cuttlebug embossing folders and I have just obtained another for my stamps. Those that come in CD boxes will just slot in but also many of the packs that the stamps are sold in fit too - they are close by and I can flick through.

Toni :o)

Lyn said...

I did warn you about the noise levels, ffrog! LOL! I am sure that a great time was had by all, except the recipeint of the balls (and I bet that was you and your idea!!!
As for storing my unmounted stamps, I bought a collection of top loading plastic coin, ticket, bank note, ACC (!),etc, wallets which are currently held together by 3 very large book rings and stand up right next to me. It sorta works and easy to flick through, though I'm not sure for transporting because some of the small ones in the coin ones fall out of the top if I'm not careful I intend to put them in a large 4 ring binder for stability and to support the weight of the stamps. Works for me! It has also made room in the mounted stamp drawers - for more!

Julia Dunnit said...

Cor, Cheeky Chimps is my idea of a living hell!!

My clear stamps arein a long clear storage box that Ijust flick through. It's not ideal..makes me wanna mount them all on wood and put them on a shelf in front of me!!