Wednesday, August 19, 2009

OK, I know I am late!


I have not been a good girl, I did not post WOYWW last week, but I think I have made up for it this week! Just goes to show, you give me a bigger space, I make a bigger mess!
This is the result of making some cards and a wedding invite, far too much mess for such a small output! But in my defence (if there is such a thing) I am still finding out where things have to live, so Cuttlebug has not found a permanent home yet, and electrician has STILL not been, so no sockets anywhere near the desk, plumber not coming until Monday, so things are still a little topsy turvey, OK, OK a lot topsy turvey :)

As to the dilemma of the clear stamps Julia, I have most of them in a photo holder thingy which I will let you see, just as soon as I find it! But the most used ones are in the turquoise basket you see sitting proudly in all it's untidy glory at the far end of the table. I am going to be re-doing this system, as I find that A5 folders are working best for me ATM, by maker, and odd ones by what they will be used for. Not a lot of use if you want to display them I know, but as you can see, I do not have much in the way of wall space in this room, I am up in the Gods here, sloping eaves and all.

The only down side to this arrangement is I now have no view to distract, sorry, inspire me. It is the old apple store on the mezzanine level of an old barn, but I am happy with it, and I appreciate the views a lot more when I do come out of my hidey hole .............. eventually!

4 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh it's a perfect workshop Ffrog! How lovely and how worth the work! And how glorious your desk is looking! True about space - more you've got...take a gander at Linda E's (link from my comments). I think I'm going to take your route for a while, and put my box of clear stamps in my line of vision rather than in the cupboard. Maybe, apart from using them more, something will occur to me!!

Angie said...

Better late than never ...just ignore the rest of the rhyme lol.
your desk shows you have been creating ...the quantity is unimportant. Fancy working in an old apple store ...does it still have an aroma ?

misteejay said...

Now that shows you've been busy. Glad you are gradually settling in to your new crafting space.

Toni :o)

Lyn said...

Can't believe that leckie hasn't been yet - how annoying! No view as such, but what a fabulous space, and all yours wonderful.

Now, see, I have sorted my UM stamp storage, and, although I am not completely satisfied it is the final solution, I know where they all are. When looking for inspiration from my stamps, I don't go to the stamps, I go to my "catelogue" (you know what I mean) and then just have to remembe rwhether it is UM or mounted to find it!

How's your catelogue going, or are you buying more than cateloguing???!